The session kick-started off The Telegraph – Edugraph’s ‘How to be a…’ regular series of webinars
Sumantra Bakshi throws mild on trend designing as a study course and a career selection
Artistic contemplating and an eye for element can aid you glow as a Manner Designer, explained Sumantra Bakshi, an affiliate professor at Countrywide Institute of Fashion Know-how (NIFT), Kolkata, at a webinar titled ‘How To be a Fashion Designer’ — the to start with in a sequence staying hosted by The Telegraph-Edugraph.
The digital session was divided into two parts. In the first 30 minutes, Bakshi spoke about the nitty-gritty of Trend Designing as a profession selection. He also introduced a slide demonstrate to elucidate his points. In the 2nd half, Bakshi answered thoughts from college students. The hour-very long webinar was attended by a lot more than 400 students aspiring to be style designers.
10 takeaways from the webinar:
1. Manner Planning has various branches like Solution Building, Clothing Creating, Area Coming up with, Seem Creating and Communication Coming up with.
2. To be a trend designer, a single needs to have imaginative considering and know how to current one’s feelings via artwork and design and style.
3. Presentation is an essential component of Vogue Planning.
4. An aspiring Vogue Designer need to develop the behavior of observing every small element and styles about.
5. The system of style entails resourceful, important and structure thinking.
6. Understanding substance is critical in Trend Designing as which is the most important useful resource designers do the job with.
7. Drawing techniques are not vital to examine Trend Designing and competencies can be created in a great institution.
8. Trend Building system can be pursued following Course XII and college students from other undergraduate courses can be a part of far too.
9. The profession options just after finishing a Trend Planning study course are Workers Designer, Entrepreneurship, Merchandiser, Design Researcher, Fashion Stylist, Manner Photographer etc.
10. One can review Manner Creating at National Institute of Vogue Technologies (NIFT), Countrywide Institute of Design (NID), Indian Institute of Engineering (IIT) Faculties of Design, overseas universities and design and style institutes.
Sumantra Bakshi is an alumnus of the College of Calcutta and Jadavpur University. He accomplished his PhD in Engineering and has been doing the job in the textile industry with concentrate on bigger schooling for around two many years. He requires curiosity in textile style and design, know-how, sustainable processes and products progress.
Previous up to date on 14 Could 2022